The Senior Game Advisors primary function is to assist the store management team in supervising all store activities as well as providing friendly, open and enthusiastic service to customers, in person and on the phone, including answering questions and assisting with product selection, purchase, or return. Assist with store merchandising, inventory control, loss prevention, restocking, store cleaning and maintenance.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
* Ability to work unaccompanied and unsupervised for up to 12 hours per day.
* Ability to move unassisted throughout the store, stand and walk unaccompanied for extended periods of time (up to 12 hours per day).
* Ability to lift merchandise weighing up to 30 lbs. from ground level to minimum height of 4 feet.
* Ability to bend, stoop, reach with arms and hands, and climb on ladders.
* Possess strong customer service skills including clear verbal and written communication skills.
o Ensure that all customers are acknowledged in a friendly, open manner with a warm welcome and eye contact.
o Ensure that every customer is thanked for shopping at our store.
o Circulate throughout the store to assist customer(s) quickly and positively with product selection and questions.
o Listen, comprehend, and respond to customer comments or questions in person or on the phone.
o Answer phone calls promptly, courteously and professionally.
o Show customers products that fit their needs, and ask for the sale.
o Promptly process customer purchases/return transactions at point of sale via PC keyboard, including manual recording of customer data on paper, making accurate change, placing merchandise in a bag, and removing receipt from the printer to give to customer.
o Ensure that staff asks all customers making a purchase, return or exchange to purchase additional items (add-on sales).
o Ensure that staff provides excellent customer service and informs customers about special promotions, magazine subscriptions, pre-purchases (reservations), new items by phone (call lists) and the video game trade-in program.
o Provide supervisor authorization of transactions as required by policy.
o Ensure that customer complaints are handled quickly, effectively and courteously.
CUSTOMER SERVICE PERSONNEL
* Supervise the work of part time Game Advisors.
* Plan, organize, and delegate tasks to Game Advisors and follow up to ensure proper completion.
* Provide timely and appropriate feedback to Store Manager or Assistant Manager concerning associate performance issues.
* Ensure that all Game Advisors properly record their time worked. Responsible for verifying hours worked for the week and accurately closing out the payroll week.
* Responsible for organizing merchandise on shelves, alphabetizing titles, straightening products, and minimizing unused shelf space by facing out product.
* Responsible for restocking merchandise and moving product from the back room to the front of the store.
* Responsible for reviewing merchandise on displays to ensure that all products in the store are presented on the selling floor.
* Reprice merchandise by printing price stickers on the register or with a price gun to accurately produce a new price ticket, and place on the product.
* Place or remove adhesive backed promotional labels on appropriate products.
* Assist managers with store inventory counts by accurately recognizing product titles, counting quantities, and recording product/count information.
* Ensure that merchandise is properly priced and presented per the current marketing/promotional plans.
* Count, balance and reconcile daily business transaction totals on paper and record information into POS system.
* Ensure that all closeout paperwork for daily business transactions is completed correctly according to procedures.
* Complete bank deposit slips accurately and make bank deposits daily per established guidelines.
* Ensure store has sufficient cash and change for sales transactions.
* Ensure that all Game Advisors correctly follow all company transaction procedures.
* Record transaction information accurately.
* Place money and all media in the register immediately and close drawer after each transaction.
* Comply with all sale, exchange and refund policies, including check and credit card acceptance procedures.
* Maintain awareness of all in-store activity and stock levels; report any suspicious activity to the Loss Prevention Department.
* Recognize potential theft/loss situations and provide personal customer service to deter theft.
* Visually inspect associates' and managers' packages or belongings at store closing or at the end of a shift.
* Ensure that sales floor is not left unattended. Responsible for ensuring that the store always has a supervisory employee present.
* Complete daily inventory counts and reconciliations.
* Check shipments for discrepancies/shortages and record shipment discrepancies for transmittal in the POS system.
* Protect keys, passwords and safe combinations.
* Conduct daily inventory (bulk) counts.
* Dust and clean shelves, counters, fixtures, merchandise, and store equipment.
* Organize backroom product, cash wrap backstock product, and store supplies.
* Pick up and discard paper, packing/wrapping material, and any other trash/garbage/debris within the store throughout the work shift.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
* High school diploma or GED preferred.
* Must be at least 18 years old.
* Previous retail sales and/or management experience preferred.
* Possess basic mathematical skills and working knowledge of computerized cash register and POS system.
* Working knowledge of computerized cash register system preferred.
* Video game knowledge preferred, but not required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
* Ability to comprehend and comply with all GameStop policies and procedures including, but not limited to, those related to attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities.
* Ability to work efficiently, effectively, and independently with minimal supervision
* Ability to take initiative and handle various tasks simultaneously
* Expert verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to meet specified deadlines for multiple, concurrent priorities
* Expert organizational skills, including a proven mastery of detail
* Ability to lift and/or move objects and displays (up to 50 lbs.), bend, stoop, reach with arms and hands, and climb on ladders.